Friday, October 17, 2014

October KrEative Design Team Project!

SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN!!
 
So, here are my projects for The Village Scrapbooker KrEative design team!  I'm so excited about how these projects turned out! I chose the Spooky collection by Carta Bella to create all three of these projects.  I love how the orange pops off the black and white papers. 
 
Haunted Mansion
For my home décor project I decided to make this awesome haunted mansion. I used my silhouette cameo and the Maple Manor file from SVGCUTS to create it.  I used multiple sheets of black and gray Bazzill cardstock to create the mansion.  I like to use the Bazzill because it's really thick and sturdy and helps with 3D projects. I also used Scotch Quick Dry as my adhesive.
 
 
After I cut all my pieces out I used black and white inks to ink all my edges to add to the spookiness of the mansion.  For the windows I used vellum so that my battery operated tea light candles can glow through. 
 

 
The back of the mansion opens so you can use it either as a gift box or you can just add the tea light candles to make a spooktacular Halloween decoration. 
 
JACK O'LANTERN
I decided to make another home décor project and really wanted to make this adorable jack 'olantern from SVGCUTS Haunted Forest kit. I knew these pattern papers from the Spooky collection would work awesome with it!  To create this I used black, white, and orange Bazzill cardstock.  I also added some bling to the hat and a spider brad in the center of the flower.  Again, I like to ink all my edges with black and white ink.  Like the mansion you can lift the hat up and add a battery operated tea light candle to create a fantastic decoration. 
 
 
Bewitching Halloween
For one of my projects I had to create a card and I instantly knew I wanted to make a shaped card!  I love this witch boot shaped card that I got from the Silhouette store! So with my silhouette cameo I cut the pieces out from the Spooky collection kit and inked all my edges.  I added some grosgrain ribbon as a shoelace and black tulle at the top of the boot.  I used the Happy Halloween sticker that came with the Spooky collection and created a tag and tied it to the top of the card.  To finish off the card I sporadically added Stickles to the diamonds on the pattern paper. 
 
 
So, I hope everyone enjoyed my projects for this month! I really enjoyed working with the Carta Bella Spooky collection kit because the papers are really thick and sturdy.  The orange really pops with the black and white patterns and makes for some awesome Halloween projects!  Stop by The Village Scrapbooker to see these projects in person! 
DT~Melissa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment