Sunday, July 27, 2014

Down by the Sea

I finally got around to making myself something for my craft room!  Anyone who knows me knows that I love lighthouses and being by the water. When I saw the Seaside SVG kit from SVGCUTS I just knew I had to put it together! To make it even more exciting there are areas within the lighthouse to place battery operated tea light candles!!  You can even use this as a gift box if you want!  Crafting with this in my room is going to be so relaxing!  On to the details...
 
 
The lighthouse stands a little over 15 inches tall. You can compare how tall it is to my lamp in the background.  To make this I used 4 pieces of white cardstock, one sheet of coordinating red cardstock, and paper from the By the Sea Collection by Graphic 45. Specifically, I used Splash and both sides of Set Sail. I wanted the lighthouse to look aged so I inked the edges in chestnut ink.  To finish this off I added 2 tea light candles (battery operated) in the bottom and the top of the lighthouse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment