Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Deployment Wish...

Today, I'm sharing a 12x12 layout I created for a photo that I've been holding onto for a few years now. I have a photo of my daughter who was 2 years old at the time making a wish on a dandelion during my husband's year long deployment.  What she had wished for broke my heart! She wished for her daddy to come home. :( Knowing we were only a couple weeks into the year long deployment I knew right then and there this deployment was going to have a bigger impact on her then what I had anticipated.  Anyways, when I saw the "Wishflowers 2014" from Scrappydew Creations I knew this was exactly how I wanted to document that moment.  
 
 
The little girl measures 6" and I duplicated the dandelions and added them to the top of the layout.  I inked everything in either gray or white ink. The dandelions were inked in gray ink and then painted with Diamond Stickles.  I love how they turned out! The photo corners and tag came from the silhouette store.

 
Other products used: Echo Park Mini Themes Yellow Submarine Collection Kit.  Iroc gems on the shoes.  We R memory Keepers Bakers Twine. 

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, can't imagine how she must have felt. Wonderful design, beautiful layout!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete