Tuesday, August 26, 2014

May your joys be as deep as the ocean, your sorrows as light as its foam

It was so much fun creating this 12x12 layout!  I just love this photo of my son running along the beach without a care in the world.  To me it just screams innocents and pure joy! 
 
May your joys be as deep as the ocean, your sorrows as light as its foam
 
 
  I used a 12x12 corrugated paper for the background.  Next, I layered an 11x11 background paper.  I layered strips of inked and distressed paper in a variety of sizes.  Within the layers I used a Lori Whitlock scalloped border from the sil store.  I also used burlap ribbon as some of my layers.  My photo is sized to 5"x7". 


To create this layout I used two files from Scrappydew Creations.  I used the Searching for Sand Dollars 2014 and Welcome Fall files.  The fence is from the Welcome Fall file and the rest is from the Searching for Sand Dollars.
 

 
For the awesome seagulls I inked the edges in a gray ink and then folded the wings up before gluing them onto my page to add some dimension.

 
The grass and sand are glued flat to my layout and then the fence is popped up on foam.

 
The sand dollars were inked in gray  and the large one was popped up on foam.
 
Other products used: Paper Studio Beach House paper stack

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, this photo is amazing. This layout is gorgeous!!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and FB ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete