Friday, August 22, 2014

The Village Scrapbooker Design Team Projects

I'm so excited to make my first posts for The Village Scrapbooker design team!  As I've mentioned before I've chosen to work with the Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine collection kit.  I've been assigned to create 2 double page layouts and a mini project.  I also had to make sure I focused on the transparent overlays and the coordinating Snap pockets.  With this being said here is what I came up with for this months design team project!  I hope you like...
 
Seaside Serenity
 

 
I created a layered effect by using strips of paper from the Good Day Sunshine kit and also using some of the pocket cards.  I fussy cut a couple of the view finders from the pattern paper to add to my layers.  I used the scalloped borderbanner and bracket background from the silhouette store.  I created the title with the fonts from my computer.  
 
 
I fussy cut the camera out of one of the pocket cards, inked it, and popped it up on foam to create an embellishment. I also added a heart to the center of the camera from the sheet of stickers that came with the collection.
 
 
I threaded bakers twine in the eyelets of this pocket and added a card with my journaling. I added one of the faux washi tape stickers to the top of the card.
 
 
Space for 3 4x6" photos.
 
 
I layered a sunburst mat from the silhouette store with one of the transparent overlays and stapled at the top corners.

 
I fussy cut the polaroid from a card that came with the kit, added the alphabet and heart stickers, popped up on foam, and glued to a 4x6 card.  
 
 
Riding the Waves
 

 
Creating another layered effect I used borders and strips of paper from the Good Day Sunshine Collection kit.  I used an extra large photo measuring 9x7" which I printed with the title on it.

 
The polaroid was another file from the Silhouette store. I sized my photos down to fit in the polaroid and stapled transparent overlays over top of some of them.  I also placed stickers on the bottom of the other polaroids


 
Lots of layers using borders, cards, and stickers that came with the kit. 

 
Alphabet, hearts, and sun stickers decorated the pocket that holds my journaling strips.  Another transparent overlay that has been cut in half and used on a polaroid this side of the page.

 
 
I fussy cut the geo shape from one of the cards, inked, and popped it up on foam to create a cute embellishment.


Sand Bucket
 
 
3D Sand Bucket can be used as a gift bag or party favor for a birthday party
 
 
Jewel Brads were used to secure the handle.

 
Bakers Twine was used to secure the shovel on the bucket. I embossed the shovel and used some stickers from the collection.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment